When is a Planning Application Required?

The Planning Applications Authority for Beaudesert and Henley in Arden is Stratford District Council. However, the JPC is a Statutory Consultee and monitors all Planning Applications applications.

There are approx 100 Planning Applications received each year, approximately 50% are to do with trees, which are automatically referred to the tree officer of Stratford District Council. Of the remainder about 4 per year are for significant developments (more than 5 houses) and these are normally referred to the full council meeting to consider.

If you are considering submitting a Planning Application and need general advice about permitted development and projects requiring permission,  you should first contact the District Council – email given at the footer.

The reception desk at Stratford District Council,  Elizabeth House, provides a front line customer service and general advice about the Planning Applications process. For further information please contact,
Tel 01789 260304
email: Planning Applications.

How do I make a Planning Applications application?

Stratford District Council encourages you to submit your Planning Application on-line via the national Planning Applications portal website.

If you prefer to fill in your applications by hand, you can download copies of Planning Applications forms to print, complete and return by visiting Stratford District Council’s 1 APP Forms page.

The Joint Parish Council are consultees in the Planning Applications process, their views on applications in the parishes are sought and taken into consideration by  SDC. Please remember that the JPC is local and fully aware  of the needs for the town and residents, if you need further advice and guidance, please contact the Clerk to the Council in the first instance. Email address given at the footer.


Once you reach the e-planning web page, go to MONTHLY LIST, enter PARISH > Henley in Arden, Month of application, then press SEARCH.

Add Comment