Alcester Police North SNT. Latest Weekly Report. Sunday 7th March 2021
This is our latest weekly report and prompt to see if you have any questions, suggestions or concerns for the Alcester Police North SNT. Thank you to those that have contacted the Team this week. If you would like to be removed from this local email circulation list, please let me know asap.
For operational and privacy reasons not all the incidents that occur on the Alcester area are listed in this report. Please remember to report any anti-social behaviour, suspicious activity or crimes to us as soon as possible – this can be done via the 101 and 999 telephone numbers or if not an emergency via our online reporting forms that can be found on our website.
Incidents of a public interest from the last week:-
- *Suspicious Circumstances. Wood Terrace, Sambourne. White van with two male occupants seen acting suspiciously in the area. Caller concerned that they were scoping out the area and reported the incident for information purposes. The registration number ended in ‘KCF’. Both males seen to be looking at driveways and premises. No offences disclosed at the time. 12 midday Saturday 6th March. 0262 06/03/2021
- *Burglary. Spernal Lane, Spernal. Four males seen to smash windows at a property. A forced entry was also made. The males were last seen walking off over the small river bridge / towards the Alcester Road. All wearing tracksuits and aged about 17 years. 4.55pm Friday 5th March. 0253 05/03/2021
- *Theft. Alcester Road, Studley. Trailer spotted being taken from business premises. It was followed by a member of the public and the offenders eventually pulled over, unhitched the trailer and drove off. Trailer returned to owner. The offenders were in a silver BMW 1 series and they travelled through the village into Pratts Lane, Mappleborough Green. 6pm Saturday 6th March. 0339 06/03/2021
- *Attempt Theft. Manor Drive, Morton Bagot. Woman found trying to steal items from a shed. She was challenged and left the area. Registration number of her car and her description passed to police for further enquiries. 1.45pm Wednesday 3rd March. 0157 03/03/2021
- *Suspicious Circumstances. Pennyford Lane, Wootton Wawen. Small white van and occupants seen on private land. Last seen heading off towards the Stratford Road. Caller concerned that they had been looking into buildings on site. 2am Monday 1st March. 0013 01/03/2021
- *Theft. Shop, High Street, Henley. Male has stolen various items from the shop by way of shoplifting. They have been challenged by staff but left and got into a vehicle. Described as a white male, 6’, mid 30’s, wearing “workman’s clothes” and cream coloured bobble hat. 6.50pm Saturday 6th March. 0304 06/03/2021
- *Suspicious Circumstances. Ullenhall Lane, Ullenhall. Audi vehicle with four occupants seen acting suspiciously outside premises in the Lane. They drove off when they realised they had been seen. The last three letters of the registration number were ‘ZTF’. 1.35am Wednesday 3rd March. 0011 03/03/2021
- *Suspicious Circumstances. Penn Lane, Tanworth. A small vehicle was seen to drive into the area and switch its lights off. After a few minutes it drove off again, without lights. They headed towards the main road / Broad lane. Caller concerned that may have been scoping out the area. No offences disclosed at the time. 3.25am Tuesday 2nd March. 0032 02/03/2021
- *ASB. Malthouse Lane and Lakes area. Several calls received again this week reporting anti-social behaviour in the area. These reports include Fireworks, possibly drug use, drinking and illegal gatherings under the covid laws. Earlswood Lakes is a very popular area due to its location and scenery. The calls received continue to be logged on our systems and the Team and their colleagues will continue to monitor the situation, dealing with any offences as required. Ongoing situation.
- *Burglary Business. Poolhead Lane, Earlswood. Offender(s) have broken into containers and have stolen various items including tools. A pick-up style vehicle was seen in the area just before the burglary. 6.15pm Wednesday 3rd March. 0296 03/03/2021
Vehicle Crime – Here are a few crime prevention tips to deter vehicle crime.
- Always lock your vehicle. Whether it’s in the garage, on the driveway of your house, unattended for a few seconds or in an isolated car park, lock it and activate any alarm system.
- Always remove valuable items from the vehicle. If this cannot be done the items must be removed from view and secured in a glove box or boot.
- Fit an alarm that will activate on movement in the vehicle. An alarm that can notify you in real time that there is a problem is extremely useful.
- Items such as tools and machinery that cannot be removed can be secured in lockers and security marked with high visibility paint etc.
- If available, park your vehicle in a location that is covered by CCTV, overlooked by houses or is in constant use.
- Use anti-theft screws and sticky pads for number plates. If you have a plate that is stolen, replace it with one that has a different design so it is distinguishable from the stolen plate.
- If you see or hear any suspicious activity around a car or car park, ring 101 to report straight away.
- For further advice visit – https://www.warwickshire.police.uk/cp/crime-prevention/theft-from-a-vehicle/
If you have any questions regarding the above please contact us on the details below or via the Warwickshire Police website. If you would like to be removed from the Teams email circulation list – please let us know.
ALCESTER POLICE NORTH SAFER NEIGHBOURHOOD TEAM
Team email – Alcesternorth.firstname.lastname@example.org
Sgt 1215 Stacey Naughton email@example.com
PCSO 6273 Aadila Hussain – Aadila.firstname.lastname@example.org
PCSO 6330 Sanjay Singh – email@example.com
PCSO 6350 Brooke Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Alcester Police Office Phone Number – 01789 444816 (not to be used for emergencies or priority calls. Always report incidents on 101). Online reporting services are also available on our website – https://www.warwickshire.police.uk/
Twitter – @AlcesterCops
Facebook – Alcester Police
Instagram – southwarwickshiresnts
Website – https://www.warwickshire.police.uk/
We do not monitor our social media pages, so please do not use them to report incidents or to pass on important information. Please call us on 101, 999 or use the online reporting forms as required.