Alcester Police North SNT. Latest Weekly Report, Sunday 21st March 2021
This is our latest weekly report and prompt to see if you have any questions, suggestions or concerns for the Alcester Police North SNT. Thank you to those that have contacted the Team this week. If you would like to be removed from this local email circulation list, please let me know asap.
For operational and privacy reasons not all the incidents that occur on the Alcester area are listed in this report. Please remember to report any anti-social behaviour, suspicious activity or crimes to us as soon as possible – this can be done via the 101 and 999 telephone numbers or if not an emergency via our online reporting forms that can be found on our website.
Incidents of a public interest from the last week:-
- *Anti-Social Behaviour. Park off Pool Road, Studley. Four youngsters seen messing around with a fire extinguisher, causing issues to those trying to use the play equipment. Descriptions passed to police. Several youngsters spoken to at the time by police and advised regarding their behaviour. The fire extinguisher was not found at the time. 4.15pm Saturday 20th March. 0277 20/03/2021
- *Suspicious Circumstances. Pennyford Lane, Wootton Wawen. Voices of possibly two males heard on private land, near to barn. No offences disclosed at the time. Caller concerned regards people trespassing or coming onto the land to commit crime. 8.30pm Monday 15th March. 0408 15/03/2021
- *Burglary. Langley Road, Wootton Wawen. Outbuilding broken into. Offender(s) have moved a trailer, come across fields and have damaged a fence in order to gain access to the land. They have then tried to jemmy metal shutters which has activated the alarms. They have left at this point. Nothing believed stolen at the time. 21.55pm Sunday 14th March. 0348 15/03/2021
- *Damage. Stratford Road, Henley. Damage caused to goal posts and cricket pitch dug up. Ongoing problem with people ‘trespassing’ on the site. Reported 17th March. 0110 17/03/2021
- *Suspicious Circumstances. Arden Road, Henley. Male seen walking up and down the road looking at cars and houses. Caller concerned that they may be up to no good. He was about 5’ 10”, wearing a dark coloured puffa jacket, black jeans and light coloured trainers. No offences disclosed at the time. 3pm Monday 15th March. 0224 15/03/2021
- *Theft. Birmingham Road, Henley. Number of wooden train sleepers stolen from golf course. Between 12th and 14th March. 0151 15/03/2021
- *Attempt Burglary. Meadow Road, Henley. Offender(s) have been heard to try and gain entry through front door of house. The occupants have shouted at them, and they have ran off getting into a small car parked nearby. This car made off towards Arden Road and then possibly the main road. Area search made by police, no trace. Nothing stolen at the time. 3.20am Monday 15th March. 0020 15/03/2021
- *Theft. Vicarage Hill, Tanworth. Eight newly planted laurel bushes stolen from ground. Between 14th and 15th March. 0088 15/03/2021
- *Earlswood. Area around Malthouse Lane and The Lakes. Further calls received this week, reporting:- Large group using pipe to smoke something, suspicious vehicle, drug use and noise nuisance. The Team continue to monitor this location.
- *Suspicious Circumstances. Manor Road, Claverdon. Man seen to be looking over garden fence. There was a vehicle (Dark coloured Mazda) parked nearby that did not seem to have and front or rear number plates. Man described as a white male, tall, thin, wearing a dark hoodie and tracksuit bottoms, Caller concerned that he was up to no good. No offences were reported at the time. No trace on police arrival. 7.10pm Wednesday 17th March. 0350 17/03/2021
Vehicle Crime – Here are a few crime prevention tips to deter vehicle crime.
- Always lock your vehicle. Whether it’s in the garage, on the driveway of your house, unattended for a few seconds or in an isolated car park, lock it and activate any alarm system.
- Always remove valuable items from the vehicle. If this cannot be done the items must be removed from view and secured in a glove box or boot.
- Fit an alarm that will activate on movement in the vehicle. An alarm that can notify you in real time that there is a problem is extremely useful.
- Items such as tools and machinery that cannot be removed can be secured in lockers and security marked with high visibility paint etc.
- If available, park your vehicle in a location that is covered by CCTV, overlooked by houses or is in constant use.
- Use anti-theft screws and sticky pads for number plates. If you have a plate that is stolen, replace it with one that has a different design so it is distinguishable from the stolen plate.
- If you see or hear any suspicious activity around a car or car park, ring 101 to report straight away.
- For further advice visit – https://www.warwickshire.police.uk/cp/crime-prevention/theft-from-a-vehicle/
Accidently dialling the emergency operator – Depending on the make of your phone or the Apps installed, there can be several ways to contact the emergency services without actually dialling the emergency number. Please make yourselves aware of these short cuts without accidently triggering them. If you do and it connects with an operator, do not immediately end the call, stay on the line, and explain to the operator what has happened and that no help is required.
If you have any questions regarding the above please contact us on the details below or via the Warwickshire Police website. If you would like to be removed from the Teams email circulation list – please let us know.
ALCESTER POLICE NORTH SAFER NEIGHBOURHOOD TEAM
Team email – Alcesternorth.firstname.lastname@example.org
Sgt 1215 Stacey Naughton email@example.com
PCSO 6273 Aadila Hussain – Aadila.firstname.lastname@example.org
PCSO 6330 Sanjay Singh – email@example.com
PCSO 6350 Brooke Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org
Alcester Police Office Phone Number – 01789 444816 (not to be used for emergencies or priority calls. Always report incidents on 101). Online reporting services are also available on our website – https://www.warwickshire.police.uk/
Twitter – @AlcesterCops
Facebook – Alcester Police
Instagram – southwarwickshiresnts
Website – https://www.warwickshire.police.uk/
We do not monitor our social media pages, so please do not use them to report incidents or to pass on important information. Please call us on 101, 999 or use the online reporting forms as required.